Wednesday 6 June 2012

Losing The Doodle Mojo & Lost In Organza Flowers

Day 152 0f The Doodle Olympics - Squirrels with acorns sleeping in a tree. 
Day 153 of the Doodle Olympics - Random pattern.
Day 154 of the Doodle Olympics - We went out for a walk and did some bunting spotting, lovely to see communities making such an effort. 
Day 155 of the Doodle Olympics - I think this is the reason I've lost my doodle mojo. I'm running out of paper, so I'm trying to use up an old pad but it is really no joy to draw on, it is shiny and thin and horrid. 
Day 156 of the Doodle Olympics - We've had a bit of rain again and I really do love umbrellas, such a great shape. 
Day 157 of the Doodle Olympics - I'm getting the urge to make a trifle. I've never made a trifle before, not a proper one. When we were kids trifles were made of fruit set in jelly and swiss roll sponge, and solid custard, but I want to make a lovely sloppy custardy and creamy one :)
Day 158 of the Doodle Olympics - Bendy buildings in the rain.

The rest of this week has seen me continuing with organza flowers. I have been snipping out flower shapes for hours on end, here you can see my pile of snipped bits. It's a bit of a nightmare as the little scraps cling to everything and everyone like velcro. To give you some idea of the amount of work, I've made 59 flowers, each consisting of 4-6 cut out flower shapes, which means I've cut out and melted the edges of between 236 and 354 flower shapes. 


1 comment:

  1. you're cool! really. i draw a duplicate of your art. im not cheating but i love your drawing really. thank's for the inspiration. im not good artist. but really you're art is awesome! thumb up! come to my blog yu can see my duplicate of your art
    my blog: http://journalofnabilahafizahs.blogspot.com/
    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete