Tuesday 15 May 2012

Found - Second Hand Books

I'm currently trying to decide how to organise my blog a little better. I'm quite happy with the 'This Week' posts, and the Daily Doodles, as they have become quite consistent, but it isn't enough. So here is 'Found', which I hope to be able to post every Tuesday. Found will look at things that I have  - funnily enough - found over the space of a week. It will include things that I have bought, in particular, things that I may have picked up in charity shops. This gives me an excellent excuse to go for a rummage every Monday, to help me on my quest for for pretty plates (a quest that I have yet to start, I only decided to make it a quest yesterday), and props and accessories for my wedding. If it happens to be miserable out, or if I am just being plain lazy, it may also play host to Ebay buys, and online wishlist finds. 


So without further ado, here are the four books I picked up in the charity shop today. 
They weren't in my usual charity shop, as I was off in Frimley for a dental check up. I was a bit disappointed with the prices of most of their books, they were all £1 paperbacks, regardless to the condition etc. I really want some old hardback books, so we can use them as part of the decoration for our wedding next year. Fortunately, in a crate tucked away under the shelves, were a whole bunch of these Nevil Shute books. I would have preferred something with slightly more dust, but they are quite pretty, and at 49p each, I figured they were not to be sniffed at. I took four, as I had to take them home on the bus. 

2 comments:

  1. liking the new tuesday theme.
    Especially todays. And what a bargain!

    {Dab and a dash.}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorna, I can't wait to find more goodies. There is nothing like adding a treasure hunt to your routine, to brighten up your week ;)

      Delete