Thursday 15 April 2010

The Great Paper Chase!


Eight years ago, while I was at university I took a trip to Manchester. While in Manchester I popped into Paperchase and purchased about 10 sheets of A1 paper, all of different weights and textures. I safely returned the paper to Stoke-on-Trent on the train without any damage, and then placed it in an A1 plastic folder for safe keeping. I used one sheet of that paper for some self promotion work, and the rest of it stayed in that folder.

8 years later, after moving back to Coventry, after moving to London, after moving to Woking, I dug out those sheets of paper, all were still in mint condition, and recently I have started using them. One piece in particular, I have fallen in love with. I began using it to create my little bear illustrations. I now only have about a third of a sheet left.

The problem is - I can't find any more of that paper! The lovely Alan (mailorder) at Paperchase has been on the search for me, but they no longer stock it, and no one can even remember it, so now I have come to a bit of a dead end. So I am asking you, and anyone you know out there,

DO YOU RECOGNISE THIS PAPER???



Obviously it is pretty hard to translate textured paper successfully onto screen, but I have tried to do what I can to make it stand out. It is a similar weight and feel to water colour paper, it feels quite thick but soft, but the pattern and texture isn't random like on water colour paper, or hammered paper, it has a structure. It looks like it has lots of little dents almost like a waffle.

If anyone knows where I can get paper like this, please let me know, or if you think you know someone who might know, please pass my plea onto them, or point me in the right direction. Any help would really be appreciated.

Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like lovely stuff... perhaps it's one of the Canson line of artist papers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did look at some Canson papers online, obviously not the greatest place to search for paper, so I think I'll go and have a search for some in the real world so I can get a proper look!
    Thank you for your comment Ann. :)

    ReplyDelete